Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Haileybug!

Wow! We can not believe our little girl is One!

For those of you who weren't readers from the very beginning or for those who were and are just looking for a short trip down memory lane, click here to see how it all began.


I had decided months ago that Hailey's birthday theme colors should be pink and green, just like her room. A few weeks ago I happened to get a party supply catalog in the mail, coincidence? There on the first page was a theme done in pink and green ladybugs. It was perfect! So of course, I ordered it and Kevin and I started on the Happy Birthday banner and treat jars. I found this cute idea online for party favors - you take empty baby food jars and fill them with m&m's or other colored candies to match your theme. Kevin got really crafty and made labels using the ladybug design from the plates, and I tied matching ribbon around the lid. These also served the great purpose of anchoring all those helium balloons!

Here's a few pics of the decorations. Wish I would have taken more of just the decor, but we kept pretty busy...






She really liked her cake. It took her a few minutes to figure out what to do with it, but then again I think she was confused all afternoon as to who all these people were and why did they keep looking at her?





The party was a success! We had a great time and enjoyed visiting with everyone that came out to celebrate with Hailey!



No comments:

Post a Comment