The month of December just flew by, and Christmas was here before we knew it. This is the first time in 5 years that we didn't make it to see the Christmas lights in the park. I was a little disappointed, but with me having a bad cold and being determined to get well and have no one else be sick at Christmas it was for the best.
We were able to squeeze in a few Christmas activities like driving around to look at lights, photos with Santa, and going to a Christmas themed story time at the library. I didn't get pictures of all our activities, and somehow my computer misplaced the majority of the ones I did take, but here's a few pictures of how Hailey and Logan celebrated Christmas 2011.
Hailey decorated the tree
Again this year, she thought all the ornaments looked pretty hanging on one branch.
Santa stopped by the Christmas party at daycare. Logan is still so young he didn't quite know what was going on enough to be scared, but next year may be a different story. Hailey was a little timid at first, but decided Santa was pretty cool after all.
Daycare Christmas Party 2011
Hailey and Daddy made a gingerbread house
I was very impressed with the way it turned out, especially for this being their first house!
Logan sporting his Santa hat
Hailey all dolled up
We spent Christmas Eve with Kevin's family. The kids enjoyed decorating Christmas cookies earlier in the day. Then once evening hit, we all headed back over for dinner and presents.
My Handsome boys enjoying the Christmas Eve festivities
Hailey and Logan got the neatest gift from Kevin's Aunt
A personalized, autographed copy of Pioneer Woman's book.
This pic cracks me up!
The kiddos were running wild, so I asked them to take a break and sit on the steps for a pic.
I said say cheese, and this is what I ended up with! and no they didn't have time to plan this.
Hailey was old enough this year to kinda understand the whole Santa thing. She was excited about leaving a treat for Santa. She also wrote him a letter (which was just a bunch of random letters!)
Santa finally made it to our house
and he brought Hailey a dollhouse
I wasn't able to get many good pictures of the kids opening Christmas presents. A three year old's excitement is just too difficult to capture on camera, I need to work on my action shots! After presents at our house, we headed to Nana and Gramps for Christmas breakfast.
The kids in their matching Christmas jammies,
yes I'm a nerd like that.
Don't worry, they won't still be wearing matching pajamas when they are ten...
unless they want to :)
Present Time
The day after Christmas, we celebrated Christmas #3 with my aunts, uncles, and cousins. By Day 3, Logan was getting cranky, and I was exhausted, but we had a good time seeing everyone.
Love this pic of our sweet kiddos!



No comments:
Post a Comment