Welcome to our blog! We plan to use this as a way to keep everyone updated on the latest baby news. Hailey should be here any day now, so what a great time to start journaling her life!
We found out we were having a baby on May 8th, 2008 - just in time for Mother's Day. I remember the flood of emotions as I stood there staring at that test, first the excitement, then disbelief, fear, and excitement once again. We had been planning a baby for awhile and couldn't have been more thirlled!
Our first appointment was May 27th. That three week wait seemed like an eternity! They did an ultrasound and there it was a tiny flickering blob, looked nothing like a baby yet, but it was still the cutest thing I had ever seen!
Baby Johnson's first pic

June 24th, 2008
11 weeks 2 days and growing like a weed!

August 20th was the big ultrasound! Baby Johnson is a girl! I'm so happy. I was really hoping for a sweet little girl, but was having really strong boy vibes. I just couldn't hardly believe it.
We spent the next several months looking for baby stuff, finding a pediatrican, choosing a daycare and all those important decisions that drive us crazy. I mean these are decisions that are going to affect a life besides just my own! I already worry about the little life growing inside me and feel the need to protect her from all the bad and worrysome things of the world. How am I supposed to protect my little girl from the mean kids on the playground, the horrors of the junior high years, and heaven forbid- the boys! I know, I know--all that stuff is years from now, but the mother lion in me is already starting to show!
I have had a really easy pregnancy, never really had any morning sickness to complain about and overall no major mood swings. I have had a couple blue days when I just felt like crying for no reason, but no crazy, psycho, preggo chick days. Kevin thinks I've actually been nicer since I've been pregnant. Better watch out, he might just want to keep me pregnant all the time. Hey maybe that's why those Duggar people have 18 kids.... I also haven't gained too much weight. I'm just all belly. I've been compared to "an egg on stilts" and "pregnant barbie" I can see the egg one, but barbie??? I wish!!!
A couple preggo pics!
The month of November was filled with baby showers! The first one was with Kevin's family at his Aunt Cathy's house. Some friends and my work buddies from my old job were there. It was fun and I got some beautiful handmade blankets.
Next, was a surprise baby shower at work. I had gone to lunch and when I returned I was showered with gifts and cake from my co-workers. Its so nice to work with such great people!
Then it was time for a baby shower given by my aunts. Again, I got many nice things and can't wait for Hailey to use them. I really appreciate all the hard work and time that everyone spent on making the arrival of our little one so special!
The months have really flown by. We spent the holidays with family and friends and have been trying to savor these last few weeks as just husband and wife. I'm sad to know that it will never again be just the two of us, but then overcome by the excitement of being mommy and daddy! The bags are packed and ready to go, we can't wait for our little Hailey Brooke to arrive!!!

