Saturday, October 10, 2009

9 months old




Hailey is 9 months old! I just cant believe it! I know I say that with every passing month, but my gosh time does fly.

3 weeks old












And today at 9 months old







At 9 months, Hailey weighs 19 1/2 pounds and is 28 1/2 inches tall. That puts her in the 50-75% range, so she is still a little taller than most kids her age, but like I've said before, I expect that. I can just see the elementary class pics now - Hailey will always be on the back row and towering over all the little boys. Ahh that brings back the memories!


Here's what Hailey is doing at 9 months:
Stands while using very little support. She has let go a few times, but usually falls after a couple seconds. It's just a matter of time before she figures it out.

She is into everything! Cabinets, drawers, purses, anything!

Can feed herself finger foods and use a sippy cup. While at school she's been eating real food like chicken nuggets, spaghetti o's, corn, peas, cookies, and crackers.

Hailey can say dada and bye, still cant get her to say momma - don't think I haven't tried every day since she was like 4 months old!

Waves bye and blows kisses occasionaly. However, she never fails to conveniently "forget" how to do these things when we are in front of people, making us look like total liars.

She's finally getting teeth! Her first tooth broke through on September 25th. She now has another that has almost made it.





This little girl has brought so much joy to our lives. I never before imagined the amount of love a parent feels for a child. And the awesome thing is that it continues to grow day after day. She never ceases to amaze us or make us laugh, and she's getting quite a personality.

We're enjoying this cooler fall weather and are looking forward to celebrating all her First Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas holidays. If time keeps flying by, they will be here before we know it!

2 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! I want to meet her so bad! We have GOT to get together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see Connor too! Just let me know when you have some time. We are almost always around.

    ReplyDelete